Thursday, April 5, 2012

The saga continues!

So this morning I call our county health department to figure out how to get my bat tested. As I was telling them the situation, they could not even get over the fact that it was still alive and they needed it dead. There advice was to freeze it! I can't find a freezer for a 5 gallon bucket, not to mention it delays the test 24 hrs to unthaw. I would know..... I'm becoming an expert on bats. Lol.

So I inquired with them about animal control they said well that might work. You could call them.....well I guess I can call them for you.

So I inquired if I needed to continue with the vaccinations. They were clueless, the county health dept told me to call the state health dept. geez.

So I called up the state board and had my answers in minutes! Dr House is wonderful. She said it usually does need to be dead but if I could get it there by 11 she could test it today. When I told her what I was dealing with she said that I could bring it in alive and she would let the lab know. So needless to say we were off to another adventure!!  The Indiana Forensic and Health Science Labs here we come!

So I gathered up my courage and headed downtown with my friend. Of course I don't have a trunk and with all this trouble I am not risking his escape in the bed of the truck so..... Up front with me downtown we go.

Of course I'm on "e" so we stopped at the gas station. I thought I heard him ask to get out and use the restroom, but I told him we were almost there.

He slept the whole way. I played him some black eyed peas in case he felt like dancing but he just laid there. I guess I can't blame him. He's hours from getting his head chopped off just because he got lost in our house. I feel bad for the guy. He's making the ultimate sacrifice for Eric and I so we don't have to go through treatments. Poor guy.

So I dropped him off. Told him sorry little guy and will get the results later today...one way or another.

On the way home I follow the animal control truck to the entrance of our neighborhood. Go figure! Where we're they a few hours? And why didn't I get a "danger live animal" sticker?


Hopefully we can put an end to this chapter shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment